Get Access to Live, Online Real Estate Investing Classes Each WeekCreate a Free Account
- Real Estate Wholesaling Bible: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Get Started in Real Estate Investing by Than Merrill
- The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
- What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
- The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties by J Scott
- The Real Estate Rehab Investing Bible: A Proven-Profit System for Finding, Funding, Fixing, and Flipping Houses Without Lifting a Paintbrush by Paul Esajian
- Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
- Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple by David Greene
- Landlording on AutoPilot: A Simple, No-Brainer System for Higher Profits, Less Work and More Fun (Do It All from Your Smartphone or Tablet!) by Mike Butler
- The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner
- The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
- Harris Rules: A Real Estate Agent’s Practical, No-BS, Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming Rich and Free by Tim and Julie Harris
- How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Getting Started by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin
- Skip the Flip: Secrets the 1% Know About Real Estate Investing by Hayden Crabtree
- The Beginner Real Estate Investor Playbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Buying Your First Investment Property by Antonio Cucciniello
- The Guide to Passive Income: How Affluent Investors Build Generational Wealth by Andrew Lanoie
- WEALTH Through Real Estate Investing by Jay Brijpaul
- Billion Dollar Portfolio: How to Create a Real Estate Empire by Brent Sprenkle
- A Millennial’s Guide to Investing in Cash Flowing Rental Properties by Antoine Martel
- Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing: The Blueprint to Quitting Your Job with Real Estate – Even Without Experience or Cash by Michael Blank
- Mastering Real Estate Investment: Examples, Metrics and Case Studies by Frank Gallinelli
- The Bottom Line: The Best Real Estate Books to Read
Do you have questions about real estate investing?
Did you know that you can learn from today’s expert real estate investors — their success stories, the mistakes they made, their wisdom, and more — by reading their real estate books. All you need to know is which books are the best real estate books.
That’s exactly what this article provides: real estate books for beginners as well as the best real estate books for experienced investors so that you — wherever your experience lies — can have the proper education to ensure that your next deal is profitable.
If you’re ready for the ultimate list of the best real estate books, let’s get started!
That’s exactly what this article provides: some of the best real estate books for beginner and seasoned investors alike so that you can have the education to ensure that your next deal is profitable.
If you’re ready for the ultimate list of best real estate books, let’s get started with the 10 best real estate books to read.
Real Estate Wholesaling Bible: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Get Started in Real Estate Investing by Than Merrill
Many of today’s top investors started in real estate with wholesaling, a method of real estate investing that involves buying and selling real estate contracts — and doesn’t require a ton of upfront capital or prior experience.
The Real Estate Wholesaling Bible shows “how to find, analyze, finance, and sell wholesale deals like clockwork”. It also teaches readers how to create a “systems-dependent” real estate business so that both money and time are managed wisely, making it one of the best real estate books to read.
The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down by Brandon Turner
Whether new or experienced, one of the biggest obstacles for real estate investors is financing.
Another one of the best real estate books to read, The Book on Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down provides proven solutions: creative financing techniques for investors to leverage other people’s money.
If financing is standing in the way of your next deal, or if you’ve never used creative financing in real estate deals in the past, this real estate book provides insight on how to do so — and get amazing returns.
What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures by Frank Gallinelli
The amount of cash flow from a real estate property shouldn’t be a guess.
It shouldn’t be a hunch, either.
One of the best real estate books to read, What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures teaches “how to crunch numbers like a pro, so you can confidently judge a property’s value and ensure it provides long-term returns.”
Breaking down critical terms such as cash on cash return, profitability index, and more, the real estate book also provides insightful case studies so help readers accurately estimate cash flow — and only choose properties that will be profitable.
The Book on Flipping Houses: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties by J Scott
If you’re looking for a basic, fundamental understanding on flipping homes, this is one of the best real estate books on the topic.
Author J Scott explains how to finance flips, how to manage the renovation, hiring contractors, and selling the property for a profit — making it one of the best real estate books to read.
Whether you’re a beginner flipper or looking for your next flip, you’re guaranteed to learn something from this real estate book.
The Real Estate Rehab Investing Bible: A Proven-Profit System for Finding, Funding, Fixing, and Flipping Houses Without Lifting a Paintbrush by Paul Esajian
Is turning a broken down, eyesore of a home into a coveted piece of property — and making a profit — your dream?
If so, rehabbing a home is not a guessing game. For the most successful real estate investors, there’s a proven system to use to ensure profitability.
Written by Paul Esajian, The Real Estate Rehab Investing Bible outlines a seven-stage system that allows investors to “find the right properties, negotiate the right offer, identify the right licensed and insured contractor for the job, and get the property sold to a happy homeowner for a profit” — making it one of the best real estate books to read.
Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
Do you want to earn an income through real estate investing — for life?
If so, Building Wealth One House at a Time, one of the best real estate books, can help you reach your goal.
In this real estate book, renowned real estate expert John W. Schaub explains how to build lasting wealth deal by deal. Specifically, he presents a 9-step process for accumulating one million dollars worth of houses debt free — in any market.
In the real estate book, you’ll learn how to:
- finance your real estate deals without a bank
- capitalize on real estate cycles
- improve your negotiation skills
- and much more
Overall, Shaub explains that you too can build wealth one house at a time. You just have to know how.
Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple by David Greene
Many real estate investors choose to save money slowly and only buy a property when they can finally afford it. Though this strategy can pay off long-term, it takes a significant amount of time to save and to see the results of the investment.
What if there's a better, more efficient way to invest in real estate?
A way that will allow you to build a real estate empire in years — instead of decades?
There is. The “BRRRR” method, an increasingly popular real estate investing formula, refers to a five-step process for buying homes, renovating and improving them, generating rental income, and refinancing, and doing the entire process again, using the money from the first property to pay for the second.
In Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple, author David Greene shares his systems and processes used to scale his business from buying two houses per year to buying two houses per month using the proven BRRRR strategy.
This book “will teach you an easy-to-follow plan that will grow your wealth quickly without letting a lack of cash get in the way of pulling it all off.”
In the real estate book, you’ll learn how to:
- Get started with the BRRRR strategy — even if you have limited capital
- Creative ways to increase the value of the property
- The key to identifying emerging markets destined for huge growth
- And more
Landlording on AutoPilot: A Simple, No-Brainer System for Higher Profits, Less Work and More Fun (Do It All from Your Smartphone or Tablet!) by Mike Butler
Author Mike Butler developed his proven, simple system for managing hundreds of rentals on the side, and in this real estate book — regarded as one of the best real estate books — he shares his methods to help you transition rentals from a source of stress to a “problem-free source of consistent higher profits and income” whether you are a beginner or experienced real estate investor.
The book shows how you can remove the challenges of managing a property and dealing with troubling tenants and instead put your rentals business on autopilot with less work and more fun.
Even better, some of the technology recommended in the book doesn’t cost a penny.
The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing by Brandon Turner
There are many successful real estate niches to choose from, including buying and holding real estate. If this is the niche for your real estate business, one of the best real estate books to learn from is The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing.
With nearly 400 pages of in-depth advice, The Book on Rental Property Investing provides strategies, tools, tips, and techniques needed to become a “millionaire rental property investor” in the realm of buying and holding real estate — making it one of the best real estate books.
Whether you are a new or experienced investor, in this real estate book you will learn how to:
- build a real estate strategy that you can achieve
- analyze properties
- build a team
- finance rentals
- deal with tenants
- save money on taxes
- and much more
Most importantly, in this real estate book you’ll learn why many real estate investors fail, and how you can ensure you don’t.
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller
Do you want to be a real estate investor who increases your monthly cash flow by a few hundred dollars?
Or do you want to increase your cashflow so much that you eventually become a millionaire investor?
If you’re interested in learning about the latter, this is one of the best real estate books. The Millionaire Real Estate Investor “represents the collected wisdom and experience of over 100 millionaire investors from all walks of life who pursued financial wealth and achieved the life-changing freedom it delivers.”
Heralded as “straightforward, no-nonsense, easy-to-read style”, this real estate book reveals their powerful and proven strategies.
In this real estate book, you'll also learn:
- how to develop the mindset of a millionaire investor
- how to develop the right criteria for investment opportunities
- how to build your network
- lead generation
- and more
The ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy
Are you struggling with the more challenging nuances of real estate investing, like locating the right property or negotiating with sellers?
If so, you can find answers in the real estate book "The ABCs of Real Estate Investing" by Ken McElroy.
In this real estate book, you'll learn most of the basics of real estate investing, which include:
- locating the right properties
- evaluating these properties
- entering into negotiations with sellers
- and more
The real estate book also includes ample information on using property management tools to increase your income.
McElroy has more than 25 years of experience in property management and real estate investing, which allows him to be informative, provide high-level details, and overall trustworthy — making it one of the best real estate books to read.
The Book on Tax Strategies by Amanda Han and Matthew MacFarland
Another one of the best real estate books: The Book on Tax Strategies.
There’s so many nuances in real estate investing that taxes can sometimes be forgotten — that is, until tax day.
The reality is that taxes can have a tremendous impact on your real estate business. The Book on Tax Strategies by Amanda Han and Matthew MacFarland is a real estate book written to help real estate investors understand how to:
- invest smarter
- pay less
- deduct more from taxes
Even if you make a great real estate investment, your returns could be taxed heavily if you don't take the right approach.
This real estate book acts as a guide for beginner investors to:
- protect themselves from IRS audits
- use different tax strategies to maximize their deductions
- pay less taxes legally
Long Distance Real Estate Investing by David Greene
Greene's primary goal is to help readers mitigate risk when making long-distance investments.
In this real estate book, you'll learn how to:
- Build a strong management team
- Control renovation and rehab costs
- Identify ideal markets and properties
- Build great working relationships with agents and property managers
- Acquire premium materials for rehab/renovation projects without spending too much money
Greene uses his ample experience in purchasing, managing, and eventually flipping out-of-state properties to make sure that readers understand how to avoid the more common investing mistakes.
During the course of this real estate book, you'll gain insight on how to utilize the buy and hold strategy as well as what it takes to quickly flip a property with success.
Loopholes of Real Estate by Garrett Sutton
Loopholes of Real Estate is a real estate book by Garrett Sutton that aims to teach investors about some of the lesser known strategies at their disposal.
By learning about these ideas and strategies, you may be able to maximize success with your real estate portfolio.
The many subjects that "Loopholes of Real Estate" discusses include:
- Paying a lower amount of real estate taxes with the bank's money
- The various tax loopholes that real estate investors have access to
- Identifying the ideal methods for holding real estate investments
- How to protect real estate investments from creditors
- Closing the legal loopholes associated with personal liability
Since Loopholes of Real Estate centers around less widely known strategies, even experienced investors can benefit from reading it, making it one of the best real estate books.
Buy It, Rent It, Profit! by Bryan M. Chavis
Buy It, Rent It, Profit! is a comprehensive real estate book that centers around investing in rental properties — and earning profits from these investments.
Considered one of the best real estate books, Buy It, Rent It, Profit! is designed specifically for people who want to use their investments to build long-term wealth. Author Bryan Chavis has over 20 years of total experience in the real estate industry, which has allowed him to refine his approach to buying and managing rental properties.
When you read through this real estate book, you'll discover the steps required to become an effective property manager and landlord.
Chavis also goes into detail about how to properly adapt to technological advancements in the real estate industry. The additional subjects that are discussed in the real estate book include:
- Negotiating lease agreements with tenants
- Bringing in quality tenants
- Financing a mortgage
- Collecting rent
Harris Rules: A Real Estate Agent’s Practical, No-BS, Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming Rich and Free by Tim and Julie Harris
Harris Rules shares the secrets of success that Tim and Julie Harris have learned through 20 years in the real estate business.
The real estate book provides specific steps you can take that have proven to make a difference for real estate investors — old and new.
The step-by-step actionable plan is what makes this one of the best real estate books to read.
In Harris Rules, authors Tim and Julie Harris explain how they have successfully sold thousands of homes and how you can achieve the same success by laying the groundwork provided in the book.
Tim and Julie will teach you how to:
- Stay productive even when you lose your motivation
- Achieve financial freedom from investing in real estate
- Implement a 7-step listing process proven to help you win listings
- create and stick with a schedule that top-producing agents use
Whether you’re a veteran or rookie real estate investor, there’s something to learn from this real estate book.
Taking the proven processes and strategies from top-producing agents and implementing them into your own practice can help you achieve financial freedom.
How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Getting Started by Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin
Authors and real estate professionals Brandon Turner and Joshua Dorkin teamed up to create a comprehensive guide on starting as a real estate investor, making it one of the best real estate books to read.
These motivational stories help new agents see that there’s not just one secret formula that works for everyone.
After reading this real estate book, you’ll feel energized and excited to find what works for you and start implementing some of the practices discussed throughout the pages.
You’ll also learn:
- Multiple strategies for building wealth in real estate
- How to maximize your profits which allows you to put more money toward investing
- Different types of property that you can invest in
- Various methods for finding real estate deals
Skip the Flip: Secrets the 1% Know About Real Estate Investing by Hayden Crabtree
Author Hayden Crabtree explains some of the most common real estate loopholes and how to put them into practice, making this one of the best real estate books to read.
You’ll learn how to make passive income through your rental properties, build a million-dollar portfolio, and legally avoid paying taxes with hidden loopholes.
Crabtree teaches the secrets of the 1% by explaining how to:
- Maximize your profits by legally not having to pay taxes
- Erase the negative stigma of debt and use it to increase your wealth
- Assess properties to determine if they’re worth the investment
- Increase your passive monthly revenue
Implementing the tools and steps from Skip the Flip can increase your real estate knowledge and, eventually, increase your bank account.
Reading this real estate book can help you take steps to leave your 9-to-5 job and build your wealth.
The Beginner Real Estate Investor Playbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Buying Your First Investment Property by Antonio Cucciniello
Another fantastic real estate book to read is The Beginner Real Estate Investor Playbook by Antonio Cucciniello.
In this book, Cucciniello gives you a step-by-step guide to buying your first property and starting your journey to financial freedom.
You won’t end this book feeling overwhelmed with too much information or leave feeling like you could never actually achieve this kind of success.
The Beginner Real Estate Investor Playbook equips you with realistic steps you can immediately implement.
Some other great topics you’ll read about in this real estate book include:
- Figuring out a strategy that works and how you can implement it in your own practice
- Learning which cities are the best to invest in and why
- How to assess if a specific property is worth the investment based on property analysis for cash flow
- How to find partners to fund your first deal and decrease your expenses
Finding your first property and deciding if it’s worth the investment can be a huge risk if you’re unsure what to look for.
Cucciniello helps you determine which properties are worth the investment and how to purchase and make money on your first property, making this one of the best real estate books.
The Guide to Passive Income: How Affluent Investors Build Generational Wealth by Andrew Lanoie
Another great real estate book to read that will help you earn passive income is The Guide to Passive Income by Andrew Lanoie.
In this real estate book, Lanoie teaches you how to earn money — without lifting a finger!
You’ll learn proven strategies that help you maximize your income while working a 9-to-5. Plus, you might even make enough to quit your job and invest in real estate full time.
Learning about real strategies that have worked for wealthy investors will give you the confidence to start your investing journey and help you make money in your sleep.
Throughout the pages, you’ll learn:
- 11 income-generating strategies
- How to make a living on your passive income
- How to maximize your profits from investment properties
These tips and strategies found in The Guide to Passive Income can help you earn passive income for years to come, giving you the kind of financial freedom that can erase your burdens and get you back to enjoying every day.
WEALTH Through Real Estate Investing by Jay Brijpaul
Wealth Through Real Estate Investing is a comprehensive guide to buying and investing in real estate properties.
Experienced investor Jay Brijpaul gives you insights on how he found success through investing, which makes this one of the best real estate books to read.
Through its pages, you’ll learn strategies and tips that successful investors actually use to create million-dollar portfolios and earn passive income.
The book covers topics including:
- How to successfully manage your property portfolio
- How to use a practical approach to investing in properties
- Where to buy investment properties with the highest returns
Brijpaul has written articles, given lectures, and helped hundreds of investors with buying and selling real estate.
His experience and knowledge of investing makes WEALTH: Through Real Estate Investing a fantastic read for anyone ready to make passive income through real estate properties.
Billion Dollar Portfolio: How to Create a Real Estate Empire by Brent Sprenkle
A great real estate book to read for experienced investors is Billion Dollar Portfolio by Brent Sprenkle.
In this real estate book, he walks you through how successful commercial investors build and maintain billion-dollar portfolios by staying focused and taking risks.
Sprenkle helps you unlock your potential by maximizing the resources you already have. You’ll learn how to find properties with the most value and push through the ups and downs of investing in high-dollar properties.
In Billion Dollar Portfolio, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your cash available to purchase multiple properties
- Sell and refinance your properties for a profit
- Maximize your passive income
- When to hold onto properties even in moments of uncertainty
Sprenkle’s personal experience and client testimonies make this a great read for investors ready to take their portfolio to the next level, making it one of the best real estate books to read.
A Millennial’s Guide to Investing in Cash Flowing Rental Properties by Antoine Martel
In A Millennial's Guide to investing in Cash Flowing Rental Properties, author Antoine Martel describes how anyone can become an investor with the right strategies and knowledge.
This real estate book explains that you don’t have to be a veteran real estate agent to make passive income on investment properties.
You can maximize cash flow through rental properties whether you’re:
- A new investor
- A seasoned real estate agent
- Working a 9-to-5 job
- Buying properties out of state
- Building your portfolio of turnkey rentals
A Millennia’s Guide to investing in Cash Flowing Rental Properties is a great read for anyone looking to make money through real estate investments, even if you’re looking to buy out of state.
With a step-by-step guide on how to find the best properties and when to look in other states, you can quickly and successfully build an impressive portfolio.
Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing: The Blueprint to Quitting Your Job with Real Estate – Even Without Experience or Cash by Michael Blank
Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing details the proven strategies that help investors quit their day jobs within three to five years and become full-time real estate investors.
While most new investors are seeking single-family homes, it may not be the best way to maximize your income potential.
Author Michael Blank provides a blueprint for successfully closing your first multi-family deal, making this one of the best real estate books to read for investors interested in the benefits of multi-family properties.
The real estate book provides insight on how to:
- Raise money for your first deal (which means you don’t need your own cash on hand)
- Find good deals and make strong offers
- Get your offers accepted and quickly close on properties
- Learn why apartment investing can maximize your profits and passive income
Mastering Real Estate Investment: Examples, Metrics and Case Studies by Frank Gallinelli
One of the best real estate books to read for investors is Mastering Real Estate Investment by Frank Gallinelli.
Providing real examples and case studies shows you how to practice these strategies and concepts to start making passive income.
Gallinelli also explains the different types of properties:
In Mastering Real Estate Investment, you’ll learn how to see more than just numbers and curb appeal and make smart decisions based on the proven methods that successful investors implement.
The relatable case studies and real examples also depict some of the troubles you may experience and how to make smart decisions when things don’t go as planned.
The Bottom Line: The Best Real Estate Books to Read
Whatever questions you have about the real estate investing process, whether it’s getting started with your first deal, funding a deal, or growing your real estate business, many of the answers can be found in many of these best real estate books.
Even after you have those answers from the best real estate books, don’t stop your real estate education.
For today’s top real estate investors, reading real estate books — and continuing to learn — is a lifetime habit.