We all want more money, whether that’s to pay bills, splurge on a particular item, or beef up a savings account. But most who already have a 9-5 job think that more is unachievable. It’s not!
The truth is that there is no limit to how much money you can earn — if you’re willing to hustle. That’s where a side hustle comes into play.
In this article, we’ll break down 101 side hustle ideas so that you can begin earning more money.
101 Side Hustles
Let’s begin by looking at 21 fresh, under-the-radar opportunities to earn extra income.
1: Start a Vending Machine Empire
Perfect for: Anyone with a little bit of up-front capital.
Overview: While owning a vending machine may not be the most exciting venture — it consists of buying and stocking goods, such as snacks — if you’re looking for steady, profitable and largely passive side hustle income, this is a great side hustle idea.
Did you know that the average vending machine in the U.S. brings in about $300 a month, or $3600 a year? It’s true!
If you have 27 machines spread across your local area, you’ve got a 6-figure side hustle on your hands.
You can buy a new machine for anywhere between $3,000-$8,000, or you can find a working one for under $2,000 — some can be purchased for even cheaper. Once you have the machine, the next step is to find a high traffic area to place it. Next, stock it, create a maintenance schedule, and begin collecting your extra income from this easily scalable side hustle idea.
Who’s done it: In need of extra cash, 23-year-old Jalea Pippens decided to try this side hustle idea. She found and purchased a vending machine on Facebook Marketplace for $1,600, placed it at an auto parts store, and it grossed $400 per month.
Although it may seem like big companies dominate the vending machine industry, the vending machine landscape is actually full of thousands of small-time independent operators like Jalea. No single company owns more than 5% of the market.
How to get started: Because your success will greatly depend on your knowledge of the vending machine business, it’s important to have some training before diving in. You can receive that training with the Vending Mentors. Also, we recommend joining their community on Facebook.
2: Sell Your Credit History
Perfect for: Anyone with a 700+ credit score
Overview: If you have excellent credit — 700 or above — you cansell tradelines, or authorized user positions on your credit card(s) to people looking to improve their credit scores. It’s a great side hustle idea.
You can do this with both personal and business credit cards, and each card may allow for multiple authorized user positions.
Look at it this way: Let’s say you have the following credit cards: Wells Fargo (3 spots allowed), Bank of America (2 spots allowed), Barclays Card (3 spots allowed), Citi Card (3 spots allowed), and US Bank (2 spots allowed), and they each had $15k limit. If you sold each of those 13 spots in a month through a brokerage for $400 a month, and received 40% of the sale from the brokerage ($160), you would make $2,080 monthly, or $24,960 annually.
How to get started: While you can sell to friends or strangers, the easiest way to get started is through a tradeline broker, such as Tradeline Supply Company, where you can make between $50 to $350 for each authorized user. Another tradeline broker option is Splendid. Before getting started with this side hustle idea, learn whether or not selling tradelines violates your credit card provider’s terms and conditions, along with other downsides.
3: Rent Out Your Old Baby Gear
Perfect for: Parents with little ones.
Overview: As a parent, you likely spent thousands of dollars on cribs, toys, car seats, strollers, and after your child outgrew these items, you put them in storage. What if you could make money off those items?
Thanks to Baby Quip, a great side hustle idea, you now can. You can earn income on items that you don’t even use anymore by acting as a “provider” and renting them out to traveling families in need of those items.
On Baby Quip, “providers” earn over $600 a month, with some making $5,000 or more a month.
You can join a growing online community that is in 500 markets with over 600 providers in the United States and Canada — and has already served over 40,000 orders.
How to get started: After you create an account as a provider on Babyquip.com, take an inventory of the baby items you would like to provide, post your items on the site and begin to sift through queries you receive.
4: Think of Product Ideas
Perfect for: Idea people
Overview: Are you an idea person? Someone who is always full of thoughts and ideas? If so, here’s an excellent side hustle idea: you can be paid to invent products using Quirky, a crowdfunding invention website where new products ideas can be submitted.
The accepted ideas are further developed and sold. The person who came up with the original idea — plus anyone who contributes along the way — then receives a royalty for every item sold.
Who’s done it: Stephen Stewart grew tired of organizing smart device cords, and submitted an idea on Quirky for a paperweight for cables that keeps them in the same place and helps to cut down on desktop clutter.
After being developed and sold, Cordies soon came to the market, selling 521,750 units with $360,367 in investor earnings.
How to get started: You can join and submit your ideas on Quirky by visiting their website.
5: Host Trivia Nights
Perfect for: Anyone who's the life of the party.
Overview: Restaurants are always looking to keep their seats full, and one way to do that is a trivia night — trivia nights increase average sales by an astounding 300 percent.
If you book and host trivia nights, whether on your own or through a service, you can quickly become a commodity in the restaurant scene in your local community, making it a profitable side hustle idea.
Trivia nights are especially popular in college towns and major cities.
There are many different ways to host trivia nights.
Geeks Who Drink and TriviaTryst — a company that hosts 30 weekly events, mostly in New York City — usually charge bars about $150 to $200 per event. People who sign up as hosts make about $50 per night with a $25 bar tab.
Or, you can build a trivia night platform for others to use across the country. Adam Johnston is the co-founder of LastCallTrivia.com, a 7-figure business that first started with just $300, and now runs trivia nights all around the country. The company also provides tools for side hustlers to do the same.
If you already have connections and equipment, you could charge and make more if you do it on your own. Once you sign up multiple restaurants for multiple trivia nights per month, you could make more than $500 a month with this side hustle idea.
How to get started: Would you prefer to work for a service, such as Geeks Who Drink, or do it yourself?
After you make that decision, the next step is to gain more education about the trivia business, and we recommend utilizing the tools from LastCallTrivia.com.
After that, it’s important to connect and network with restaurants, ensure that you have all items necessary for a trivia night, and you’re ready to begin earning with this side hustle idea.
6: Scan People’s Photos
Perfect for: Anyone who’s tech-savvy & organized.
Overview: The majority of Americans have notebooks, photo albums and other items with sentimental value collecting dust in their house. They likely want to digitize them to either save space, or keep them safe from a natural disaster.
There’s also small businesses in need of papers and other items digitized, but they haven’t found the time to do it.
That’s where this side hustle idea comes in. You can create and organize their digital footprint — and earn a side hustle income.
If you charge $1,000 per project and handle two projects simultaneously per month, you can earn $2,000 a month or $24,000 in a year with this side hustle idea.
How to get started: All you need is a portable scanner, a computer and an external hard drive.
If you have these items, start small by archiving material for friends and family. After that, you can use your portfolio to garner higher paying projects.
7: Provide a Home Filming Location
Perfect for: Homeowners
Overview: Filmmakers are constantly looking for venues to shoot commercials, television shows, movies and more.
You can rent out your home as a filming location — using an agency service like Giggster — and earn passive income for little work. This is one of the more interesting side hustle ideas on our list.
You don’t have to live in Hollywood, either. Cities such as New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, Toronto, Vancouver, Nashville, and Albuquerque are booming with filmers and film projects.
Who’s done it: Giggster’s head of marketing Reagan Cook says that some hosts have made “$10,000 to $20,000 to $30,000, and before Giggster, they’d never listed their house anywhere before.”
The average homeowner on Giggster earns $2,027 per booking, and the average annual income for homeowners who have hosted at least one shoot is $3,945 — this makes it one of the quicker income-producing side hustle ideas with a low barrier to entry.
How to get started: List your property for free on Giggster.
8: Hunt for Golf Balls
Perfect for: The outdoorsy type
Overview: Millions of golf balls are lost every year in the US.
In the golf capital of Florida, many balls often end up in water hazards, like lakes or ponds. After being recovered and cleaned, these used balls, according to Golf.com, sell for as little as six cents wholesale and up to $1 or more retail.
Golf.com says it’s a $200 million industry, and an experienced golf ball diver can make up to $100,000 per year.
If you are an experienced diver, you can get started on this side hustle idea right away. If you aren’t a diver, there are methods for you to still collect golf balls efficiently and make a profit.
Who’s done it: Golf diver Forest Rothchild makes between $650 and $900 in a single day recovering over 9,000 balls using his dive equipment.
How to get started: If you have the resources to recover golf balls underwater, you can utilize companies such as Underwater Golf Ball Recovery for this side hustle idea where you get paid for whatever you collect each week.
You can get started with non-diving methods for under $50. For example, you can utilize a golf ball rake that has a long handle for reaching into ponds from shore. There’s also the “Golf Fisherman,” which you can toss out into ponds and pull back in using an attached rope.
You may not collect as many golf balls as Forest Rothchild, but you can still bring in extra money.
You can start by talking with a local golf club, offering to collect balls found in hazards, and give them a share of your profit. If you do this side hustle idea with several clubs, you can have a serious money-making business on your hands.
9: Rent Out An RV
Overview: Road trips are woven into the fabric of America. There has and will always be a demand for vehicles that can take people across the country.
One way to tap into this market is to buy an affordable RV and rent it out on the AirBnB of RV rentals, Outdoorsy.
Or, if you already have one, why aren’t you already renting it out?
People can rent your RV by the night, week, or month. Plus, with this side hustle idea, you can set the price!
Who’s done it: San Diego native Corey Leamon made $8500 in the first 6 months renting his RV on Outdoorsy, and expected to make $26,000 in a year.
How to get started: If you have an RV, list it today on Outdoorsy. The site also has valuable information about how to start your RV business, and how to find RVs to buy at an affordable rate.
10: Talk for Money
Perfect for: Extroverts with expertise
Overview: Are you a natural with public speaking or have experience with it? Because speaking is a coveted and paid skill, there are many ways to make money from it, whether it’s speaking at events, hosting events, or coaching others how to do so.
Even better, you can do this all on the side.
Many people have parlayed their public speaking skills into a side hustle profit. You’re guaranteed to find someone in your local community who has, and you can use that person to mentor you through each step of the process with this side hustle idea.
How to get started: Getting started, you won’t have to worry about a ton of upfront money needed. But you will have to land your first few clients, which can be the most challenging part.
Luckily, there are resources in your area. Other than marketing yourself, you can connect and network with your local Chamber of Commerce, Rotary International, Speakers’ bureaus, agencies and more.
11: Let Dogs Play in Your Yard
Perfect for: Dog lovers with some lawn space
Overview: Calling all dog lovers and all those looking to make extra cash!
Did you know that you can make money by lending your yard to dog sitters or dog walkers? Sniffspot allows people and businesses to rent their space or their backyard to dogs and earn passive income.
You aren’t even required to be home or meet dogs that come to your yard, making this an entirely passive way to earn money.
The Sniffspot community is large, and growing, with some members earning more than $1,000 per month.
How to get started: All you need to do to join the community and begin earning income is create a listing, set your rates, receive inquiries, host as many dogs as you’d like, and get paid.
12: Stand in Line
Overview: Whether it's standing in line for the next iPhone, Black Friday deals, entertainment tickets or more, people will pay a premium for someone else to stand in line for them.
That’s where you come in. If you have extra time on your hands, you can stand in line for people, while setting your own rates, and choosing your own hours as you want with this side hustle idea.
At a minimum, you can charge $25 per hour. If you stand in line for 20 hours in a month's time — during the holiday season, this can be an easy endeavor — you will be looking at an extra $500 in your pocket.
Who’s done it: Robert Samuel, the founder of Same Ole Line Dudes, manages 20-30 "dudes" who help him wait in line for his clients, and his team averages around $2,000 a week in line-sitting revenue. He once made $14,000 in one day by standing in line for strangers who were waiting on a new iPhone release.
How to get started: You can start your own business like Robert, or if you’re looking for less commitment and quick cash — more of a side hustle — you can sign up on apps like TaskRabbit, and post your line sitting services.
13: Cashflow Your Closet Space
Overview: Wouldn’t it be great if you could do something with that unused space in your house, whether it’s an extra closet, shed, or parking space?
Now you can, thanks to Neighbor.com, where you can rent out extra storage in your house and make extra (and easy) income.
It’s appealing to those in need of extra space because using a service like Neighbor is far cheaper than renting a self-storage space or container — sometimes 50% cheaper.
Who’s done it: One Neighbor.com user posted three spaces on the site, and earned $200 per month, and $2,400 per year in passive income.
Some of the community’s highest earners have made $10,000+ per year with this side hustle idea — all for space they weren’t using in the first place.
How to get started: After you create an account as a host on Neighbor, take photos of the space that you would like to rent out, set your price, and answer inquiries you receive to begin earning passive income.
14: Flea Market Flipping
Overview: Flea market flipping consists of finding everyday items, whether it’s unwanted items in your house or items found at garage sales and antique stores, determining their value, and selling them for a profit.
This can be done according to your schedule, part-time or even full-time.
Who’s done it: Rob Stephenson, founder of Flea Market Flipper, has been flipping items for over 20 years, sometimes making $1,000-$5,000 or more in profit on a single deal.
One of his memorable sales was buying a Nordic Trac Ski machine for $5 — and selling it on eBay for $350.
In a single year, Rob made $133,000 from flea market flipping — making this one of the more profitable side hustle ideas.
Rob’s work week consists of 1-2 hours at the flea market on Saturday and Sunday, an hour at other thrift stores and yard sales during the week, and 15 hours of cleaning/fixing and posting items and shipping them out each week.
On average, he spends between 20-25 hours on flipping items per week.
How to get started: Education is critical to success with flea market flipping. Rob teaches this education — how to walk into any flea market and quickly identify the high-value items — and how to sell your items for much more than you paid for them.
15: Host a Fitness Class
Overview: Are you passionate about a specific form of exercise? If so, you can offer a group class, and no, it doesn’t have to be in an indoor gym where you receive only a portion of the profit. You can offer your class in a public and free space, such as a park, or even online and sell memberships or charge per class.
For example, a $50 monthly membership for just 30 people can put $1500 in your pocket each month. Even better, you won’t have to pay overhead fees or split your profit like you would doing a class at a gym.
Aside from getting paid yourself, you will be able to get a workout in — while enjoying the eclectic group of people who make up your community, online or in person.
How to get started: Before you begin classes, it’s important to strategize your side hustle: determine what kind of workout you will be providing, where it will be done, set up a brief marketing strategy, determine how payments will be processed, and more.
16: Buy Artist Royalties
Perfect for: Entertainment lovers with some investment capital & risk tolerance
Overview: Imagine getting paid every time you hear Jay-Z's "Empire State of Mind'' or The Doobie Brothers' "Black Water". This isn’t a fantasy; with Royalty Exchange, which allows you to buy out artists' film, TV, music, & book royalties, you can!
Royalty Exchange is a marketplace that gives any artist earning royalties the ability to share them with investors. The buyouts start at just a few thousand, and many of the rights are lifetime.
How to get started: Sign up and explore the membership at RoyaltyExchange.com.
17: Transcribe Audio into Text
Overview: People may think the only way to get extra cash is to ask for a raise from their 9-5 job. But if you have a computer, headphones, and an ability to type efficiently, you have everything you need to earn extra money transcribing audio into text, using services such as Crowdsurf and Rev.
You can make $10-14 per hour, though advanced transcriptionists earn around $25 to $30 per hour. With this rate, you can earn $1,500 every month if you work 2.5 hours per day for less than 30 days.
How to get started: Sign up as a transcriber or captioner an account with Rev here. In order to begin working for Rev, you will have to pass an exam. Also, take advantage of the resources Rev provides that can help you make more money, such as “Productivity Tips From a Full-Time Revver with a $500 Weekly Goal”.
18: Host Other People's Properties on Airbnb
Overview: Airbnb is a unique and easy way to earn extra income, but you may have not looked into it because you don’t own a property. After all, how can you rent out a house that you don’t own?
Here’s a little secret: you can host other people’s properties on Airbnb as a side hustle idea and make passive income! You just need to know how.
Who’s done it: In 2017, Tim Rosenthal discovered the massive potential of Airbnb. Today he operates 10 cash-flowing properties — enough to pay him a full time — and he enjoys teaching others how to leverage the Airbnb platform like he has — even if you don’t own a property.
How to get started: You may be surprised to learn how easy it is to build an Airbnb cash flow business. You can start by watching the WealthFit Course “Start Your Own Airbnb Business: 3 Ways to Profit From Airbnb Without Owning Any Real Estate” or learn how to become a successful Airbnb host in just 30 days using this powerful training.
19: Take Part in a Focus Group
Overview: Companies are constantly looking for feedback about their products, and they’re willing to pay for your opinion.
That’s where you come in. In this side hustle idea, you join focus groups and make extra income. Plus, you can work only when you want to. This can range from taking short online surveys to taking part in in-person multi-session studies.
Who’s done it: Many people use focus groups to earn additional income. One participant makes $1,000 a week from her efforts.
How to get started: You can utilize one of the many focus group services that exist to connect people to studies. This includes 2020 Research where you can earn up to $300 for a roundtable discussion.There’s Apex, where you can earn up to $500 for multi-session studies, and more.
20: Rent Out (Almost) Anything
Overview: You probably have everyday items that you aren’t using, currently taking up space in your house. Wouldn’t it be great if you could rent out your musical instruments, bikes, cameras, and more? With platforms such as Rent4me and Ruckify, you can rent out everyday items, from clothing to entertainment and earn a profit. The best part? It’s a profitable side hustle idea with virtually no effort.
21: Sit Around the House
Overview: One of the biggest concerns for people before leaving on vacation is who will watch their house, or their beloved pet. People are willing to pay a premium to keep their items safe, and you can be the solution — and earn that premium.
Duties include staying in the house, taking care of pets, plants, housekeeping, and taking care of other miscellaneous items.
In cities such as New York City and Los Angeles, house sitting rates can range from $45 to $100 per night, and sometimes even higher. If you become a consistent house sitter, $1,000 per month in additional income isn’t out of reach.
Want 80 More Side Hustle Ideas?
Here are even more ways to add a side hustle income to your bank account.
22) Driving: Interested in earning money while driving? With businesses like Uber or Lyft, you can do just that, and earn as much money as you want. To get started, download the Uber or the Lyft app and check out the driver requirements.
23) Teach Yoga: Those who have practiced yoga for an extended period of time can level up from student to teacher, earning side money along the way with this side hustle idea. Begin by determining which instructor certification is right for you. Once you receive your certification, contact local yoga studios and gyms to inquire about instructor openings.
24) Teach Others How To Use Smart Devices: If you are tech-savvy, you can help others understand their smart products, like iPhones, smart TVs, and basically anything else you can find on the shelves at Best Buy. Get started by determining your business plan: will you teach in person? Will you create an online course and share it with your clients?
25) Become a Notary: After obtaining a notary certification from your state (which typically costs less than $100), you can charge your own fees to notarize documents, such as mortgage signings. Submit an application to your state to get started in this side hustle idea!
26) Make YouTube Videos: You can create videos on a topic you’re passionate about on YouTube, and use Google AdSense to earn a profit when viewers click on the ads on your video page. Get started today by creating an account on YouTube.
27) Stage Houses for Sale: If you have a passion for interior design, you can make money by organizing and decorating houses for sale. Start this side hustle by contacting real estate agents who already have a large list of clients.
28) Run Social Media for Small Businesses: With the ever-growing demand for businesses to have a social presence, many small companies are in need of help–whether that means starting their social network or managing it. Get started by contacting local businesses (with a focus on those without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social accounts) and offer up your services for a contracted monthly fee.
29) Repair Computers: Have a knack for repairing computers? Start your own computer repair service. With word-of-mouth referrals and some marketing, it may grow from a side hustle to a full microbusiness.
51) Advertise from Your Car: Another side hustle idea: advertise from your car. If you know how to hustle, you can turn your car into a moving billboard with Wrapify, earning money on your way to work. Visit Wrapify.com to sign up.
31) Deliver Packages: With Amazon Flex, you can deliver Amazon packages for a side hustle income. It pays $18-25 per hour and you get to set your own schedule. The only requirements are that you must have a smartphone, own a vehicle, and you must pass a background check. Sign up on Amazon.com!
32) Be a Human Billboard: There are always businesses looking to hire people in costumes, spinning signs, or handing out flyers. Get started by looking for local job listings.
33) Lead Tours: Do you live in a historic city with a constant influx of tourists? With this side hustle idea, you can serve as a Tour Guide, creating your own unique tour experience with websites like Vayable.com, ToursByLocals.com, and LocalGuiding.com.
34) DoYard Work: Like other cleaning services, there is always a need for yard maintenance — and that’s why it can be an ideal side hustle. If you have access to a truck or large vehicle and yard work supplies, you’re all set. Build your client list through friends, family, word of mouth referrals, and unique branding that makes your company and your vehicle stand out.
35) Officiate Weddings: If you are ordained, you can officiate weddings of friends, family, and other clients. If not, you can find the appropriate certification online. This side hustle can earn you hundreds of dollars per ceremony.
36) Be a Nutritionist or Weight Loss Coach: If you’re passionate about helping others achieve their fitness goals, find a certification course online that best fits your style and contact local gyms or doctor offices for referrals. (For an introduction into better health habits, watch this course).
37) Monetize an Instagram Account: By creating a large following on Instagram, you can make money by selling sponsored posts, Instagram takeovers or selling a product. Create an account by downloading the Instagram app in the App store, and be sure to read one of the many guides online on how to boost your following. (To learn how to launch a “buzzworthy” brand business on instagram, watch this course).
38) Develop or Code: Coding skills are high in demand today — and can make for a profitable side hustle idea. Don’t wait for an opportunity to fall into your lap: jumpstart this side hustle by proactively contacting businesses who may need your service and offer a proposal. You can set your pay and the amount of work you take on.
39) Do Graphic Design: Do you have experience or a degree in creating designs? If you do, you can utilize this skill when you’re not working at your full time job for a side income. Get started by proposing projects to businesses who can benefit from your services.
40) Recycle Old Cell Phones: If you have an older smartphone that you no longer use, you can sell it on Gazelle.com to make extra money. You can level up by buying older iPhones from those who don’t use them and reselling them as well. Sign up on Gazelle.com.
41) Be a Handyman. If you’re great with your hands, working as a handyman on the side can help you rake in some extra income with this side hustle idea. You can create your own rate and availability based on your schedule.
42) Join a Research or Focus Group: Companies and universities frequently look for people’s opinions on their products. By attending a focus group in person or online, you can earn extra money.
43) Take Photographs: With appropriate camera gear, you can start this side hustle. Instead of taking generic photos, specialize in a few niche areas that your local market will pay for.
44) Be an SEO and Digital Marketing Consultant: Well-versed in how to increase web traffic? If not, obtain a Google Adwords certification. Offer your services to local businesses and work when you want for a price that you set.
45) Deliver Food: With DoorDash, you can earn money delivering restaurant food to customers while earning $10 an hour. Learn more about how to hustle at DoorDash.com.
46) Start a Blog: By creating a blog and filling it with rich content, you can eventually make money from advertising on the website — even while you sleep! Get started with this side hustle idea by creating an account with WordPress or Wix.
47) Flip Cars: If you're an excellent negotiator and know how to fix cars, you can purchase cars, put a bit of work into them, and flip them for a higher price. Get this side hustle started by attending a local car auction or auto dealerships.
48) Help with Accounting Services: Do you have a professional accounting designation? If so, you can help local businesses or respond to inquiries on Upwork for people in need of accounting help.
49) Write Freelance: Another side hustle idea: freelance writing. There’s a handful of things you’re knowledgeable about, so why not write about them? As a freelance writer, you can set your own rates per article. Plus, you can do it from the comfort of your own home. Get started by looking for opportunities on sites like Problogger, Fiverr, Craigslist, or Upwork.
50) House Sit: Whether it’s for friends or through HouseSitter.com, you can make a side income by house sitting.
51) Sell Clothes: Do you have any shirts, pants or other items of clothing that you don’t use anymore? Sell them on Poshmark or level up and become a stylist online with Stichfix. Get started by creating an account on either website!
52) Print T-shirts: You can sell your t-shirt designs on Shopify. Begin by creating an account on Shopify.com.
53) Be a Gun Permit Instructor: Do you have experience with and passion for guns? If so, you can become a gun permit instructor. Get this side hustle started by researching the rules and regulations for your state and checking with your local gun store.
54) Write and Review Resumes: You can help job seekers perfect their resumes and make a side income in the process. Utilize your personal network or look for opportunities on Upwork.com.
55) Do Clothing Alterations: If you own a sewing machine and know how to use it, you can charge others for alteration services.
56) Model: Do you have a desire to model and a great Blue Steel pose? If so, you can model part-time and earn profit. You can find modeling opportunities locally and nationally online.
57) Start a Mobile Laundry Service: Generate more cash flow with this side hustle idea by offering to wash, fold, and deliver clothes for people.
58) Clean Windows: Windows get dirty every day. Create a window cleaning service and your services will be in demand. All you need are supplies and a marketing plan.
59) Transcribe for Doctors: Doctors often need their notes typed out for them. You can fill this void with this side hustle idea — by providing a medical transcription service. Get started by inquiring at your local doctor’s office.
60) Become a Virtual Assistant: Search for opportunities on websites like Upwork and Indeed and you can earn extra income as a virtual assistant, helping businesses and entrepreneurs with miscellaneous tasks.
61) Teach Courses Online: Through websites like Udemy, you can create your own course on a topic that you’re passionate about through this side hustle idea. Whenever someone purchases your class, you earn money! Sign up at Udemy.com to get started.
62) Solve Medical Cases on CrowdMed: If you’re a fan of medical mysteries, sign up for an account on CrowdMed.com to help find answers to medical problems — no medical degree required.
63) Sell Your Parking Space: Sign up on a website like SpotHero, Parklee, JustPark and you can charge others for using your parking space.
64) Use Amazon Mechanical Turk: Make money by completing tasks including identifying objects in a photo or video, transcribing audio recordings, and more. Sign up by creating an account on Amazon.com.
65) Donate Plasma: Donating your blood plasma will put much-needed nutrients into hospital patients and much-needed cash into your wallet. Begin by finding a plasma donation center in your area.
66) Customize iPhone Cases: Create, design and sell your art on iPhone cases with this side hustle idea. Get started by creating an account on Society6.com.
67) Create a Funding Proposal for Your Big Idea: Do you have an idea for a side hustle product, but don’t have the funding? Sign up on Kickstarter or IndieGoGo and create a well-crafted proposal!
68) Do Automobile and Motorcycle Repair: With the majority of Americans owning cars, the repair business is in demand. If you are familiar with fixing cars and motorcycles, offer your services to create some extra cash flow.
69) Create Your Own Podcast: While this side hustle idea takes work to set up — equipment, research, and a listening platform are all musts — your podcast can grow in popularity, providing a side income and a platform for your brand.
70) Start a Food Truck: If you have a talent for cooking and you want to build your own menu, consider a food truck. Get started by looking at your area’s licenses and registrations.
71) Plan Parties: For those who enjoy planning parties, you can plan them not just for you and your friends, but for other clients as well. Begin growing your client base through personal networking and a creative social media presence.
72) Translate Content: you can translate content for cash with this side hustle idea. Get started by signing up on Rev.com — they pay $7.50 per minute for translations.
73) Cut Hair from Home: Are you a cosmetologist looking for extra cash? If so, you can cut hair at home, client’s homes, or at work for brides and other clientele.
74) Design and Sell Items on Zazzle: From art to clothing to other custom products, create and sell your creations by signing up on Zazzle.com.
75) Feed Pets: If you’re an animal lover, this side hustle is the one for you! You can feed other people’s pets and earn money along the way. Sign up today on Rover.com.
76) Bake Goodies: Do you love to bake and cook? Sell your delicious creations at parties, weddings, restaurants, or at local farmers' markets.
77) Coordinate Weddings: If you enjoy planning and organizing, you can help friends, family members, and even strangers plan the wedding of their dreams by serving as a wedding coordinator.
78) Refurbish or Make Furniture: Do you enjoy working with your hands? You can find old and cheap furniture, give it a facelift, and sell the items after with this side hustle idea. Work hard enough and this can grow from a weekend side hustle into a micro-business!
79) Design Websites: If you have created a website before, you can do the same for clients with this side hustle idea — and earn a profit. Or, you can help companies revamp their existing online presence. Get started by sending a well-crafted proposal to companies that could benefit from your services.
80) Open a Produce Stand: Do you have a passion for gardening? You can sell the fruit and vegetables that you grow either at a local farmers market or by creating your own produce stand.
81) Do Mobile Oil Changes: Make extra money by changing other drivers’ motor oil. The only thing you need to start is the appropriate oil. You can build a client base by marketing locally and online.
82) Tutor: Passionate about education? Help students understand math, writing, science, and other subjects by tutoring. Get started by contacting local schools and universities or by signing up on Eduboard.com.
83) Become a Doula: If you have a passion for birth, you can help mothers do just that. Ensure that you receive the required certifications, and after that, you could make $500-$1500 per birth.
85) Deliver Coffee: If you make coffee for yourself in the morning, why not make it for others and get paid in the process? If your friends or coworkers love coffee, you can make their drinks every day and deliver them — for a fee that will serve as your side hustle income.
86) Drive People to the Airport: Because of steep parking fees, many people look for alternative ways to travel to the airport. If you know how to hustle, you can fill the void by driving people, especially in markets where driving services like Uber or Lyft aren’t allowed to drop people off at the airport. Get started by joining community Facebook pages and offering your service.
87) Install Christmas Lights and/or Holiday Displays: During the holidays, people are always looking for help with their decorations. Offer your services on local Facebook groups or circulate flyers. You’re guaranteed to make extra money during the holidays.
88) Make Balloon Animals: Know how to blow up balloons or, even better, create balloon animals? Offer your services at local restaurants and market yourself in your community. You’re sure to be a hit with the kids.
89) Make a Mobile App. Do you have an idea for a mobile app? Turn your passion into profit by developing and selling that app, making passive income in the process. Learn more by reading one of the many guides on how to create an app online.
90) Edit College Essays: College students are always looking for help with papers and reports. Appeal to their need for grammatically correct essays by offering to edit their papers for a flat fee.
90) Become a Paid Tester: Visit a website or app, complete a set of tasks, and get paid $10! Sign up at UserTesting.com.
91) Do Voice Overs: Have you been told that you have a unique voice? You can become a voiceover artist and make money from the comfort of your own home. Get started by looking for opportunities on websites such as Backstage.com.
92) Rent Out Your Garage or Driveway: Create an account on Air Garage and you can rent out your garage and driveway, making easy side hustle money!
93) Start Local Business Consulting: Have you worked in business for an extended period of time, developing skills and certifications? Create a proposal and offer consulting to other companies who can benefit from your services.
94) Brew Kombucha: because of its health benefits, kombucha tea is in high demand. Make a side hustle income by brewing it and selling it at local farmers markets. If you want to level this side hustle up to a full scale business, propose your beverage to health food stores.
95) Publish an eBook: Whether it’s fiction or nonfiction, you can self publish your own eBook via Amazon and distribute it at no cost. Build your social following and market your book to your followers — every time someone purchases it, you’ll earn money! Get started by creating an account on Amazon.com.
96) Be an SAT/ACT Tutor: College scholarships are often based on GPA and test scores, so students aim to score high on standardized tests like the SAT and ACT. Offer tutoring or night classes and you can create an extra cash flow.
97) Brew Beer: Passionate about beer? Brew your own and sell it at farmers markets or street fairs, and propose it to local restaurant owners. Get started by researching proper licensing before you start selling your brews.
98) DJ at Events: Do you own DJ equipment, such as speakers and a turntable? If so, you can DJ at parties and weddings for a side income. Boost your social following to reach more potential clients!
99) Play Guitar: Do you play guitar? If so, turn your musical passion into a musical profit by playing in bars, restaurants, public places or even online. Get started by inquiring at coffee shops, bars, and local music venues, or start your own music page on a social media platform and begin doing live events online.
100) Sell Photos Online: Calling all photographers! You can earn a profit every time you sell an image on websites like Shutterstock. Get started by creating an account at Shutterstock.com.
101) Do Video Production: Starting your own video production side hustle requires pricey camera equipment—but if you have a talent and passion for it, this side hustle can grow into a full-scale business. By creating a visually stunning highlight reel and an impressive website, your side hustle income can grow significantly.
Side Hustle Ideas FAQs
Next, we’ll look at the most commonly asked questions associated with side hustle ideas.
Q. What Is A Side Hustle?
A side hustle not only puts extra money in your pocket; it does so with minimal time and cash investment.
Whereas starting a small business requires funding and paperwork — both of which take time — side hustles can be jump-started quickly, many of them overnight.
For example, for many side hustles based on mobile applications such as Uber or Postmates, the signup and approval process is swift.
Other side hustle ideas, such as starting a mobile car wash, can begin as soon as you have the necessary supplies and the clients are available — which can be the case the next day.
What’s more, you can do many of these side hustles if you are currently unemployed.
Q. How Much Can You Make With A Side Hustle Idea?
Another bonus to side hustle idea is that there’s no ceiling to how much you can make: it can range from $100-$1,000 or even more per month.
The amount you make from a side hustle idea will largely depend upon your time commitment and your amount of hustle.
Q. How Common Are Side Hustles?
The truth is that if you have the passion and determination, the cash will follow.
Q. Do You have to Pay Taxes on Side Hustle Income?
All side hustle income is taxable.
If you make money with a side hustle, you have to report that amount to the IRS. To be safe — set aside 20-35% of your earnings for taxes. In some cases, if you are operating through an app or platform such as Upwork, they will send you a 1099 form for you to fill out with your taxes.
To make the process even simpler, when starting your side hustle idea, create a separate bank account exclusively for that account. By doing this, you will have an easier time tracking what comes in and out of it.
The Bottom Line: Side Hustle Ideas
There’s no ceiling to how much you can make — if you’re willing to hustle.
Choose from one of the 101 side hustle ideas in this article to boost your income today.