If you start a business in an industry you truly understand, you have the upper hand. But what does an upper hand entail? Jeff Caley talks about what it takes to be the producer and the consumer. From working in a bike shop as a kid to racing mountain bikes professionally, Carey talks about his journey of expertise and how it led him to build a one-of-a-kind boutique bicycle shop called Worldwide Cyclery. Jeff talks about the mountain biking industry and eCommerce and shares the rough-terrain journey of building Worldwide Cyclery. He also provides nuggets of wisdom for scaling your business safely and quickly, constructing a good team, and forming a great workplace culture.
- How Jeff got involved in a shady deal selling faucets and shower heads; (02:59)
- What to do to vet a new person in your life to protect your interest, team, or company; (10:35)
- What’s it like to be in the world of professional mountain biking; (14:08)
- When Jeff got the idea to start Worldwide Cycler; and (16:40)
- What surprised Jeff about YouTube and creating content for customers (29:50)