“This is the best time ever to be an entrepreneur.” – Tyson Toussant
One of the significant environmental problems we are facing today is having a ton of plastics being dumped into the ocean. It has been predicted that by 2050, there will be more plastics than fishes. Tyson Toussant and Alex Tapia, founder and co-founder of BIONIC respectively, talk about their product Bionic Yarn, a durable multi-use thread made from plastic and woven into sustainable fabrics of clothes. Their purpose for embedding plastic into their products is to help address this growing environmental problem. Moreover, they have also decided to form partnerships with NGOs and have extended supply chain from beach shores all the way to their end products produced in Asia. Paying it forward in this special episode, we acknowledge the help of GoDaddy that believes and supports entrepreneurs like Tyson and Alex in their advocacies to preserve the planet.
- How Tyson and Alex came up with the idea to tackle plastic pollution in marine and coastal environments (3:29)
- The recycling process from plastic to yarn (9:51)
- Tyson and Alex’s biggest challenge early on (16:24)
- How to find and select the right brands and the right partnerships (18:59)
- How to partner with GoDaddy (26:15)